We are so happy you are considering joining our community!
ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Families Together Cooperative Nursery School (FTCNS) is a non-sectarian school that admits, welcomes, and nurtures children and families with different abilities, family structures, socio-economic levels, and cultural, ethnic, linguistic, gender, religious, racial, and other social identities. We endeavor to balance the following priorities in our approach to admissions:
- Giving students an equal chance to attend FTCNS and avoiding admissions processes that individually evaluate students or their families or give priority admissions to certain students in a non-transparent way.
- Constructing and maintaining a diverse school community that celebrates and reflects the differences in students and families social identities and reflects the demographics of our surrounding community.
FTCNS offers priority enrollment to returning students and siblings. Returning families must submit their application by February 1, 2023 to receive priority enrollment.
In order to keep the admissions process impartial and open to all families, FTCNS admits new students through a blind lottery. The blind lottery is conducted after returning student/sibling enrollment is completed. Once lottery numbers have been assigned, we make every effort to give families their first choice of class/classes in lottery order, while attempting to balance for diverse classes.
To be included in the lottery, new families must submit a completed application and a $50 non-refundable application fee by March 1, 2023. Applications received after March 1, 2023 will be considered in the order they are received. Letters of acceptance and/or notification of a child place on our waiting list will be sent to all families within two weeks of the application deadline.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to apply, please complete the following checklist. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Apply ONLINE for the 2023-2024 school year prior to the admissions deadline. One application per child.
- Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee (new families only, one application fee per family/not per child). In cases of financial hardship, the application fee may be waived. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Learn more about Families Together by going through our virtual, self-led “Intro to Families Together” presentation (required for admission). You can access it HERE.
- Take a look at our other Admissions events HERE.