Our popular Lunch Bunch program runs Monday through Thursday during the school year from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students bring a nut-free lunch and water bottle from home. The program includes time for quiet games and puzzles, active play in the gym, exploring our greenhouse, eating lunch, and rotating play experiences. Registration in a core class (Junipers, Willows, Maples or Oaks) is required to participate in Lunch Bunch. Drop-in or make-up spots are not available.
GETTING TO LUNCH BUNCH
- Afternoon students should be dropped off at 11 a.m. and Lunch Bunch staff will take them to their afternoon class.
- Lunch Bunch staff will pick up morning students from their classes and bring them to Lunch Bunch. They will need to be picked up by 1 p.m.
- All Lunch Bunch students (even if they start at 11:30 a.m. or end at 12:30 p.m.) will be able to eat lunch and participate in the enrichment experience.
- *Deposit is applied to balance.
- Financial aid for Lunch Bunch is available to qualified families and is distributed on a sliding scale based on the family’s tuition level.
- Although some students participate in Lunch Bunch for 2 hours and others for 1.5 hours, to avoid a very complicated administrative process, we offer one price of $850 per day of the week.
- Enrollment in Lunch Bunch is for the whole school year.
IS MY CHILD READY?
Children need to be 3 years old to participate in Lunch Bunch. To be able to thrive in Lunch Bunch, students will need to be comfortable with transitions and different groups of kids, confident in using the bathroom independently, and able to handle being away from a parent/caregiver for a longer time than our class length. If you have any questions about your child’s readiness, please contact us.
NEW ADDITIONAL LUNCH PROGRAM FOR 2023-2024
Because we use a blind lottery system to enroll students in Lunch Bunch, we are not always able to accommodate every student who wishes to join. We have added Maples + Lunch, an additional lunch program for students ages 3 1/2 to 5 that offers a guaranteed lunch spot if you enroll.
Maples + Lunch combines our afternoon mixed age class, Maples, with our popular lunch program. Maples + Lunch students will arrive at 11:45 a.m. to eat in their classroom with their classroom teachers, have a special time of play and then welcome the rest of the Maples students for class from 12:45 to 3:45 p.m. Maples + Lunch students will have a guaranteed lunch spot for the year. Maples + Lunch meets Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.