For the 20-21 school year: To meet family demand for more outdoor-only FTCNS experiences, Families Together is offering Sunflowers, a fun-filled outdoor drop-off program led by FTCNS teachers for current or alumni FTCNS students ages 3-6. Sunflowers will include group activities, a simple optional snack, and lots of time for free play. Sunflowers takes place in our beautiful front courtyard–our new outdoor play space equipped with kid-friendly building, climbing, and natural materials! The program will take place entirely outdoors, with students going indoors only if they need to use the bathroom.
- For current or alumni FTCNS students, ages 3-6. Children must be 3 to start the program.
- Sunflowers students will need to have complete paperwork on file in order to participate.
- Sunflowers is capped at 14 students and has a 1:7 student/teacher ratio.
- Sunflowers will generally take the “we play in all kinds of weather,” approach but if the weather presents a danger or makes being outside for 1.5 hours unbearable, teachers may opt to cancel Sunflowers for that week. We reserve the right to cancel one class per session without a make-up or refund. If more than one class per session has to be canceled, teachers will either schedule a make-up class on a different day or the school will offer tuition refunds.
- There will not be a parent/caregiver assist requirement or role.
- Due to health and safety regulations, we will not be able to accommodate drop-in students and students will be required to wear a mask at all times except when eating and physically distanced 6 feet + from other students.
Fall & Spring Sessions and Cost
Fall and Spring 11-week Sessions, Tuesdays, 3:45 to 5:15 p.m.
- Fall Session: Week of 9/7 through week of 11/24 (no class on 11/3)
- Spring Session: Week of 3/8 through week of 5/24 (no class on 3/30)
- If interest is greater than spots available, a blind lottery will be conducted. Students who apply and do not get a spot in Fall Sunflowers will get priority enrollment for the Spring.
- The cost is $340 per session with limited financial aid available.