NOTE: Birches Virtual Class will not be offered in the 2021-2022 school year.
Birches is a fun and educational 45-minute play-based virtual preschool class offered via Zoom by FTCNS teachers. The class will include music, movement, and art activities, stories, small group break outs, project-based learning opportunities, and at-home extensions. The teacher(s) will make a special effort to get to know students’ interests and passions and reflect these in Birches activities. The teacher(s) will also occasionally prepare/provide special hands-on materials for students to use at home.
Birches was created so that students who cannot attend classes in our building due to COVID-19 can still experience some of our traditional preschool activities and be part of a classroom community. All registered families will also be invited to connect with other Birches families through parent-organized virtual and physically distanced activities. Families enrolled in current core classes who have to temporarily pull out of in-person programming for health reasons may also join Birches for no additional cost beyond core class tuition.
- For students, ages 3-6.
- If the class size is under 8 students, it will be taught by one teacher. If the class size is 8 or more, it will be co-taught by two teachers. The class will be capped at 16 students.
- Parents/caregivers will be invited (but not required) to be special guests on a rotating schedule.
Fall, Winter & Spring Sessions and Cost
Fall, Winter, and Spring 11-week Sessions, most Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 9:15 to 10 a.m. with no sessions on regular school days off. A 4-day option, including Thursday, will be added for the Winter session. Days off are noted on the school calendar.
- Fall Session: Week of 9/7 through week of 11/16
- Winter Session Week of 11/30 through week of 3/1
- Spring Session: Week of 3/8 through week of 5/24
- Families may register their child for one, two or all three sessions. Winter and Spring registration will open several weeks before the beginning of each session.
- Priority enrollment in Winter and Spring sessions will be given to students enrolled in the prior session.
- The cost per session is based on our sliding scale with limited financial aid available. Tuition must be paid in full before your child starts Birches.