Our goal at Families Together Cooperative Nursery School is to nurture the development of social, intellectual, language, creative and physical skills, while meeting each child’s emotional needs in a safe and secure environment. We believe in the inclusion of children of all abilities and developmental levels and strive to create an environment that is appropriate and healthy for all children. We offer a wide variety of part-day core classes and auxiliary programs that students can attend in addition to their core class. School is in session early September through late May.
Each core class has two highly qualified teachers and one assisting parent/caregiver or assistant teacher (depending on Covid-19 regulations). FTCNS classes have between 16 and 20 students. Our low adult:child ratio allows teachers to know each child and to make their first school experience one that builds self-confidence, encourages respect for others and instills an enthusiasm for lifelong learning. Children are encouraged to pursue what they love while being introduced to new and exciting learning opportunities.
Each core classroom’s schedule includes:
- Opening Group/Circle Time – includes a variety of songs, group games, group literacy, art, math, or science activities, discussions, and daily class routines
- Gross Motor Time – outdoor play or play time in the gym during inclement weather
- Classroom Play Time – a variety of centers are set up with rotating themes throughout the classroom. Students are able to engage in activities of their choosing, while teachers intentionally guide and extend play and lead special projects.
- Snack Time – a healthy non-processed snack is served family-style to promote social skills and manners
The 2021-2022 School Year
The following core classes are offered for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Junipers 2-DAY – Thursday/Friday from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Junipers 3-DAY – Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Junipers 5-DAY – Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Willows – Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
- Maples – Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Oaks – Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from 1 to 4 p.m.